Durridge's Capture 8 software for Macintosh and Windows provides the ability to download radon data files from the RAD8 and RAD7, and monitor the status of the instrument in real time. A chart recorder renders sophisticated real-time graphs of radon and thoron data from single or multiple devices. Included with Capture is a complete user's manual and sample radon data files. CAPTURE contains built-in support for the English and Chinese languages.
Capture 8 offers extensive graphing features, including advanced data navigation, multiple statistics panels, and enhanced selection abilities. Data may be exported to a variety of human-readable formats. High-resolution printed output is just a click away.
Capture is now offered in two editions: Capture 8 Pro and Capture 8 Lite. The Lite edition is provided free of charge, and it includes the features found in previous Capture releases, in addition to basic support for the RAD8. However RAD8 users are encouraged to upgrade to Capture 8 Pro, which offers a host of powerful new features, unlocking the amazing potential of the RAD8. This edition of Capture is offered at a single non-recurring price of $1,200. A Capture 8 Pro purchase covers an entire organization, and minor version updates are provided free of charge.
|Buy Capture Pro
Capture® In Depth
- The Download Data Panel makes it easy to obtain RAD8 and RAD7 test data. Capture's ability to control the instrument extends beyond the simple downloading of data: it is also possible to start and stop testing runs, obtain data summaries, and configure instrument settings. In fact, any operation that can be performed using the instrument's physical controls may also be issued using Capture, whether the machine is located across the room or across the world.
- Capture Cloud is a data hosting service that securely stores radon data from the Durridge RAD8 and RAD7, making it easy to store, search, and share radon test results from any computer. The test data can be made accessible to any authorized Capture Cloud user. Capture Cloud requires a Capture 8 Pro license. Learn more about Capture Cloud here.
- Capture's Chart Recorder displays a real-time graph of RAD8 and RAD7 data as it is recorded. As a radon test progresses, a set of virtual pens plot radon, thoron, temperature, and humidity data on the right side of the display, while older readings scroll to the left. The Chart Recorder offers controls for starting and stopping tests and configuring instrument settings. A status display panel indicates the current state of the device. A Capture 8 Pro license is recommended for RAD8 Chart Recorder functionality.
- The Graph Window displays radon, thoron, temperature, and humidity across a scrolling timeline. Auxiliary panels provide data navigation controls and statistics on the full data set and the selected portion. Graph data may be exported in several formats for use with spreadsheets and other software.
- The Graph Parameters Window is used to configure RAD8 and RAD7 data for graphing. Capture supports data files generated using accessories such as the RAD AQUA and Big Bottle System. Capture can calculate radon and thoron concentrations in water by accounting for user-specified parameters of the experimental setup, such as tubing lengths, water salinity, and temperature data.
- Capture's Preferences Window provides controls for changing how Capture behaves when connecting to RAD8s and RAD7s, downloading radon data, and formatting the downloaded information. Here you can also define device profiles based on your instrument's calibration records, and configure the program's ability to read third party data files produced by RAD8 and RAD7 accessories.
- The Cumulative Spectrum Window displays a true representation of the spectrum printed out by the RAD7. It indicates alpha energies signaling the presence of radon and thoron daughter particles.
Download older versions of Capture®
The latest version of Capture requires Windows 8.1 or newer, or macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or newer. Legacy versions of Capture are made available for older operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows XP, and Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
Capture® Version History
Review the list of features and changes that were implemented in each past version of Capture.
Capture Version History (HTML)